ER 605 Router - "Arris modem not seeing 3rd party Router"

Monday - last edited Yesterday
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.4 Build 20240119 Rel.44368

On one of my ARRIS cable modems to ER 605 router locations, I am having intermittent WAN drops, 1 - 5 in a 24 hr period, with log entrees of

online_dection ... The online detection result of [WAN1] was online.

online_dection... The online detection result of [WAN1] was offline.

When calling my provider I am told, "the modem is not showing a 3rd party router"

What does this mean?

I have another ARRIS cable modem to ER605 with same provider that never reports any drops which I set up at the same time.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER 605 Router - "Arris modem not seeing 3rd party Router"-Solution
Yesterday - last edited Yesterday

Hi @SSpE 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

It is not proper to ask for this error or message here. We are not able to identify this message as it comes from Arris.

Regarding the log you see 1-5 in 24 hours, that's normal if you don't experience a serious connection issue.

See how the online detection works: Common Questions About the Load Balancing, Link Backup(Failover) & Online Detection

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:ER 605 Router - "Arris modem not seeing 3rd party Router"-Solution
Yesterday - last edited Yesterday

Hi @SSpE 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

It is not proper to ask for this error or message here. We are not able to identify this message as it comes from Arris.

Regarding the log you see 1-5 in 24 hours, that's normal if you don't experience a serious connection issue.

See how the online detection works: Common Questions About the Load Balancing, Link Backup(Failover) & Online Detection

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:ER 605 Router - "Arris modem not seeing 3rd party Router"
Yesterday
I am directed to the business forum when searching resolutions about the ER-605. How is a question regarding possible improper configuration of a TP-Link router which prompts such a response from my ISP tech be improper?
Options
Re:ER 605 Router - "Arris modem not seeing 3rd party Router"
Yesterday

Hi @SSpE 

SSpE wrote

I am directed to the business forum when searching resolutions about the ER-605. How is a question regarding possible improper configuration of a TP-Link router which prompts such a response from my ISP tech be improper?

"Arris modem not seeing 3rd party Router"

This is not a question you should ask with the forum as it is not a product from us and the meaning of this is blurry. If you ask any of the people who are familiar with the networking units, they find it to have multiple meanings in different contexts. And your context is not clear either. You throw this here which is not going to get a helpful discussion. Just too generic.

If you really need to delve into what that - "Arris modem not seeing 3rd party Router" means, you should ask the tech you consulted with Arris. Not here.

About the log, not the error or the message from Arris, you can review the article which explains why it happens and under what context the log records a piece of that.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 55

Replies: 3

Related Articles