Router and topology

Router and topology
Router and topology
Wednesday - last edited 6 hours ago
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi All,

I'm trying to start with Omada environment but I've some doubt regarding routers. For now I need to have 2 switches coming from the router but even ER8411 doesn't support 2x10Gb. So, the only way would be to use a third one? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Router and topology-Solution
Yesterday - last edited 6 hours ago

Hi @lanius_collurio 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

If you gotta have it coming from the router, then you don't have an option.

If you accept the cascade, you connect it in this way: router---switch---switch. All via 10Gbps fiber and it should work okay. But this does not seem to fit your expectations.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Router and topology-Solution
Yesterday - last edited 6 hours ago

Hi @lanius_collurio 

If you gotta have it coming from the router, then you don't have an option.

If you accept the cascade, you connect it in this way: router---switch---switch. All via 10Gbps fiber and it should work okay. But this does not seem to fit your expectations.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Router and topology
Yesterday

Thanks @Clive_A for the answer. Is there any other way to start cascade not from router? Maybe I missed something. I'll add that WAN ports are needed.

Options
11 hours ago

Hi @lanius_collurio 

lanius_collurio wrote

Thanks @Clive_A for the answer. Is there any other way to start cascade not from router? Maybe I missed something. I'll add that WAN ports are needed.

Not from the router? I don't think I am following you. Can you repeat what you expect to achieve?

Options
6 hours ago

@Clive_A nevermind. I have all I need. Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 69

Replies: 4

Related Articles