Router loses net connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-04-22 22:39:00 - last edited 2021-08-21 04:48:05
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-R470T+

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version : 1.0.8 Build 20140212 Rel.36037

ISP : Shaw and Telus

Hi there, hopefully somebody can help or give me some tips. I have both Telus and Shaw high speed connections. I decided to buy this router (TL-ER5120) to load balance across both of them. For some reason I cannot seem to get a reliable result from the Telus connection through this router. It works fine, by itself, on my older Netgear router. Telus provides its own modem/router (Actiontec T1200) that I have put into bridge mode and as I have said works fine with the Netgear router.

I decided to do some testing. I only hooked up the Telus connection to the router. I went to the diagnostics->online detection page and noticed after about 5-10 minutes the router says it loses the connection (the main page of the router, even after refresh says it has a connection and ip address). If I reboot the router it is back up for another 5-10 minutes. If I plug in the Shaw connection, by itself, there is no problems.

Just curious is anybody has any tips on what may help.

Cheers,
-Chris
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 342

Replies: 0

Related Articles