Pharos Web Management setup question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Pharos Web Management setup question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
24 Reply
Re:Pharos Web Management setup question
2015-11-14 05:25:08

3Griffs wrote

I was in hospital for 6 weeks is why it has taken me so long to get this to work.

Good you are out on the road again
I won't talk about your set up, cause I have no idea of that set up, your Thread is about login into CPE web ui, like posted you before CPE, Mac and usb to ethernet, to log into PHAROS interface, to set it up, once you do that, connect it the way you need it.
Options
2015-11-14 05:42:16
That is my problem. I have all the cables connected and the static IP set, but when I go to 192.168.0.254 I get the error messages I stated above. I cannot get into PHAROS at 192.168.0.254. What is wrong?
Options
2015-11-14 06:16:46

3Griffs wrote

That is my problem. I have all the cables connected and the static IP set, but when I go to 192.168.0.254

Is it possible you go to a friends Lap with Windows.
Can you try USB to ethernet adapter, check is working properly, disable wireless on Mac and connect it via cable to your router you should surf the web
Options
2015-11-14 07:09:22
I could use someone's Windows laptop but won't that only work while I am at my current location? I will be moving my RV in 2 weeks and I'll need to connect to a new WiFi signal. I think I will have to log onto PHAROS to input the new password and I'll still have this connection problem.

The USB adapter is working because I can connect to the internet with it using my modem and DHCP but I cannot get to 192.168.0.254 (Error message: the server where this page is located isn't responding). When I use the modem and manual DHCP (192.168.0.10), the internet does not work at all (Error message: the server where this page is located isn't responding).

Is there stand alone PHAROS software I can install onto my laptop to set up client mode instead of having to go to 192.168.0.254?
Options
2015-11-14 08:20:57

3Griffs wrote

I could use someone's Windows laptop but won't that only work while

sorry I dont understand what you mean by but won't that only work while
did it work or did not, or did you log or didn`t you log to Pharos interface
Options
2015-11-14 08:44:21
I did not try to use a friend's windows laptop. You asked if I could use a friend's windows laptop. Yes I could but just for the next 2 weeks. On 01 December I will drive my RV 300 miles to a new RV Park and I will connect to a new WiFi signal at the new RV Park and I will not be able to use a friend's laptop to connect and log in to Pharos 192.168.0.254. I need to be able to connect and log in to Pharos Web Management with my laptop so I can input the new WiFi password every 2 months when I move to a new RV Park with a new WiFi signal. Each time I move I will have to log in to Pharos to enter the new WiFi password. I would like to know why I cannot connect and log into Pharos and how to fix it so I can log into Pharos from my laptop each time I move.
Options
2015-11-14 08:54:23

3Griffs wrote

I did not try to use a friend's windows laptop. You asked if I could use a friend's windows laptop. Yes I could but just for the next 2 weeks

You need to help me a little, let's forget about dates, miles and RV, I want to rule out a problem with your CPE, if you can do it now with your friends Windows Lap, please do it, and if you are able, we know CPE is working 100%, once you log and set password, then we move to your Mac
Options
2015-11-14 09:04:30
Oh, okay. Now I understand what you mean. I can use a friend's windows computer tomorrow. As you can tell I'm not a techie person. Thank you for helping me. I will let you know what happens.
Options
2015-11-14 10:39:16

3Griffs wrote

I can use a friend's windows computer tomorrow

This is what you should do on Windows Lap
Disable wireless on Lap
Set static ip on Lap Lan card to 192.168.0.100
Take your USB to Ethernet adapter with the CD or download the drivers for Windows, DO NOT use it for now
Use any browser and log to http://192.168.0.254 you can try it with http:// or without it, it won't matter in Windows but it does matter in my iPhone this could be one of your issues with Mac
You won't see the interface right away as you surf internet takes some seconds to pop
If you succeed to see the Region and password we know your CPE is correct
Now disconnect the Lan cable on Lap and test your USB to Ethernet adapter (drivers for it should had been loaded) with this I want to rule out your USB adapter works with CPE
The way to connect to POE and Lap, there is a manual on your CPE box or use the web manuals here is the link to http://www.tp-link.com/resources/document/CPE510_V1_Datasheet.pdf
scroll down to Hardware Overview and you will see the how to
Options
2015-11-16 20:46:22
I was able to get it to work on a Windows laptop and now it's working on my Mac! :D

I went into PharOS where I set up Client Mode and it's working great! I'm on it right now using my AirPort wired to the CPE and then wireless from AirPort to MacBook Air. Works great for all of our devices!

One question, about Client Mode setup please: I saw on a FAQ sheet to set distance to 110% of actual, but the Client Mode setup instruction sheet didn't say anything about setting distance. Do I keep the distance setting at 0, do I input the distance I need plus 10%, or do I so something else?

Thank you so much for being so patient with me, I really appreciate it!
Options
Related Articles