Easy Smart 108 fix for Java application

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-06 05:32:15
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I just got my Easy Smart 108E switch and was disappointed as others that the web interface had been removed.
To add insult to injury, the software (which is Java based) has a windows installer and only works under Windows.
Some folk have managed to use WINE to run the software, which does work (although a bug in my Crossover means that all the text is white)
I decided instead to find out why the Java DIDN'T work under OSX.
It turns out that the code binds the listening socket to a specific IP address. At least OS X and possibly others will only receive broadcast traffic when the socket is bound to INADDR_ANY (0.0.0.0). I fixed this in my own version and can now run the software from OS X.
With my white hat on, would TP Link object to my attaching my fixed jar file here? Obviously we all hope that TP-Link would incorporate the fix into their official distribution soon.

I'm also working on a little utility to expose the monitoring in a way suitable for graphing. I think I could make a java class which could be deployed standalone and call into the Easy Smart jar for the protocol handling. Any thoughts? Obviously there'd be a level of knowledge required, but you're probably going to need to have some skill to want to graph your network traffic anyhow :D
Options
4 Reply
Re:Easy Smart 108 fix for Java application
2015-12-07 14:36:57
:cool:
Options
2015-12-13 04:54:47
Attached is easysmart.zip. To use, assuming you have working java at the command line and the file is in the current directory:
[CODE]java -jar easysmart.zip[/CODE]
No guarantees it will work for you, this isn't supported software. It could break your switch, you run it at your own risk.
File:
easysmart.zipDownload
Options
2015-12-17 05:27:34
Registered for this forum so I could say "Thank you!" to you.

I already had the switch ready to return it to the supplier.
But then I saw this post and was able to configure the switch using this jar file.

Now if only TP-Link would make this an official download...
Options
2015-12-18 10:52:19
You're very welcome, macpro. Thanks for letting me know of your success.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 703

Replies: 4