To connect to a nearby WiFi hotspot using a directional antenna, what else do I need?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

To connect to a nearby WiFi hotspot using a directional antenna, what else do I need?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-02-19 15:37:18
Greetings,

To connect to a nearby WiFi hotspot using a directional antenna, what else do I need between the antenna and the computer?

Thanks
Options
4 Reply
Re:To connect to a nearby WiFi hotspot using a directional antenna, what else do I need?
2016-02-19 17:44:12
Is the WiFi hotspot outdoor?
You need an outdoor AP, not a diretional antenna, antenna does not process signal.
you can try TP-Link CPE, CPE210 for 2.4GHz WiFi or CPE510 for 5GHz WiFi
Options
Re:To connect to a nearby WiFi hotspot using a directional antenna, what else do I need?
2016-02-19 18:31:50
I was hoping I could plug the antenna into the antenna port of a bridge and plug the bridge into a router WAN with ethernet cable. That will no work?

I cannot buy the circuitry in the CPE in a separate device?

YXCY wrote

Is the WiFi hotspot outdoor?
You need an outdoor AP, not a diretional antenna, antenna does not process signal.
you can try TP-Link CPE, CPE210 for 2.4GHz WiFi or CPE510 for 5GHz WiFi
Options
2016-02-20 03:11:33

cosmicvoyager wrote

I was hoping I could plug the antenna into the antenna port of a bridge and plug the bridge into a router WAN with ethernet cable. That will no work?

if you are good in engineering, soldering, electrician etc. read what @Victor Ramos do, the forum is in Spanish cause is a LatinAmerican forum, use Google translate, here http://www.ryohnosuke.com/foros/index.php?threads/18158/
Options
2016-02-20 05:01:25
just out of curiosity, what kind of antenna you are using, and that devices have to deploy ... ???

regards...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 987

Replies: 4