Need hardwired access point for concrete home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-02-20 09:31:31
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Trying to find the right product to purchase that will give me WIFI on second floor. My home is built using concrete blocks with rebar support and a poured concrete floor with rebar in he concrete. I purchased two TA-WA860RE and set them up to my internet provided modem/router. I plugged one in on the first floor and plugged the second one in directly above it on the second floor. Did not connect to my WIFI. I do have a cat 5 wire going to the second floor that I have connected a hub with my Blu-ray, Smart TV and Nintendo WII plugged in to it.

Is there a product that I can connect to my hub on the second floor using a Ethernet cable that will use the same WIFI device name and password like he WA860RE does that will provide me the WIFI connectivity on the second floor?

Thank You

Steve
Options
2 Reply
Re:Need hardwired access point for concrete home
2016-02-22 10:52:23
What you need indeed is an access point TL-WA701/801/901ND.
Options
Re:Need hardwired access point for concrete home
2020-03-26 10:01:36 - last edited 2020-03-26 10:03:56

@spnelson2000 

i think that the best solution is to plan to use one or more WAPs (Wireless Access Points), connecting each WAP to the router with an Ethernet cable. I use the Engenius unit. If you have trouble getting a signal in your garage, you can u...    read more please click here and access this link for website information.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 922

Replies: 2