Issue with ICMP and Trace routes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-05-22 23:00:57
Model : TL-WDR3500

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.14.3 Build 150518 Rel.73041n

ISP : PTCL (Pakistan)

Hi everyone,

I have an ADSL2+ broadband connection at my house. The modem supplied by the ISP was really bad, so I bought a TP Link TD-8840T and set up my internet with that.
Everything works fine, I connected the modem to my TL-WDR3500 Dual Band Router through the Blue WAN port so I could use WiFi on my smartphone and laptop.

The problem is, my old ADSL2+ modem was also connected to the TP Link router through the WAN port, but I was able to perform trace routes to different servers.

Ever since I bought the new TP Link modem, I can't perform a trace route when connected to the modem (Wired) or router (Wired and Wireless). It times out on every hop.

I read up about this and some said it was caused by a double NAT, so I connected the modem to the yellow (LAN) port on my router so that IPs were assigned from the modem, however the problem is still there and I am unable to perform trace routes, but I can still ping the server that I want to trace.

Is there an option or something I have to enable to be able to do to this?

I have done a hard reset on both modem and router and reconfigured, however it still doesn't work.

Any replies and help will be appreciated.

P.S: Both WDR3500 (V1) and 8840T (V4) are on the LATEST firmware from the TP Link website.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 324

Replies: 0

Related Articles