Omada VPN Routes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada VPN Routes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Omada VPN Routes
Omada VPN Routes
2023-07-21 20:44:49 - last edited 2023-07-26 00:57:55
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have a VMWare cloud hosted site that I am attempting to use a ER8411 to create a manual IP Sec VPN tunnel to. VMWare and the Omada OC200 controler shows the VPN has been established. I have paired the VPN connection to a VLAN that is not VLAN1 on the Omada network. With a laptop on that VLAN, Im unable to connect or ping anything on the VMWare site. I have duplicated all the other firewall settings in VMWare similar to my other site to site links, generated with SonicWall routers. When I print the routing table on the laptop  I do not see the VMWare LAN IP range. When I look in the OC200 controller, outside of the VPN connection settings, I see no routes or ACLs created for the connection. How does the controller tell the VPN router how to route the traffic without this? Is it not working properly because VLAN1 is not included? I do not wish to include VLAN1 traffic in the VPN connection.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada VPN Routes-Solution
2023-07-25 19:19:53 - last edited 2023-07-26 00:57:55

@Clive_A Since the equipment is not in production, I factory reset everything and started from scratch. I focused on the VPN and the VLAN first. Once working, I added additional VLAN and ACLs. This seemed to have done the trick.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Omada VPN Routes
2023-07-24 08:34:05

Hi @eddesposito 

If you can post some configs here, that would be great.

To test if there is a problem with VLAN, you can use the default VLAN 1 first. And try to replicate this issue with the default VLAN.

In addition, what kind of VLAN do you use? VLAN interface or VLAN.

What's the firmware of your ER8411?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:Omada VPN Routes-Solution
2023-07-25 19:19:53 - last edited 2023-07-26 00:57:55

@Clive_A Since the equipment is not in production, I factory reset everything and started from scratch. I focused on the VPN and the VLAN first. Once working, I added additional VLAN and ACLs. This seemed to have done the trick.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 336

Replies: 2

Related Articles