EAP245, previously configured but now can't logon after reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-03 11:37:19
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have an EAP245 that I previously configured. It was used for a few months then put into storage. Now 6+ months later I am in a new location and took it out to configure again. I could not recall the original password so I used the reset button.

unfortunately now it is NOT working and whenever I try to log on using admin and admin I get a message saying the password is incorrect.

Any suggestions.

I was really hoping to get this configured and in use this weekend.

Thanks!
Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP245, previously configured but now can't logon after reset
2018-02-03 18:46:17

SRS wrote

unfortunately now it is NOT working and whenever I try to log on using admin and admin I get a message saying the password is incorrect.

Make sure to connect your laptop directly to the EAP (not through a switch or router). Set static IP 192.168.0.10 on your laptop and try again to access the EAP's web UI at http://192.168.0.254. If it doesn't work at first try, do a factory reset again. If you want to use it in standalone mode, go configure it through the web UI. If you want to manage it through EAP Controller, connect the EAP and the laptop to the network and use the EAP Discovery Utility to connect it to the Controller. Don't change the static IP of your laptop for the discovery.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5089

Replies: 1

Related Articles