Bug in Scheduler or Scheduler Association

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-28 15:51:15
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.7.0 Build 20200113 Rel. 35383

Hi Guys,

While I've been looking to block or ignore those suspicious clients, I found a bug or someone getting around the scheduler. 

Due to the CCP Virus, I've put up a FREE 45mins WIFI everyday from 7:30am-7:30 pm. I've used the No Authentication portal plus the scheduler. I've set it 730 - 19:30 RADIO ON, While tweaking my setup I found 2 clients connected to the SSID Free 45mins WIFI which should be RADIO OFF at first as USER then after a few mins became GUEST which means they Authenticate?

I've used my phone if I can see the SSID but didn't see it in available WIFI network. Maybe because they are connected in another AP? its about 70-100m away from my central AP mesh with same WLAN settings. I know everytime an AP got restarted it will show all its SSID then after connecting it will TURN OFF the RADIO? but why can they connect to the SSID? My error was that I delete or disauthenticate? them first before creating a new schedule which I've created with 19:30 - 23:59 and 00:00 - 7:30 and using RADIO OFF rather than my old setting of RADIO ON. Oh, before i disconnect them and delete their authentication I triple - x5 checked the scheduler if I'm wrong but its set at 7:30 - 19:30 RADIO ON.

I'll try to observe again and update.

Keep safe and be safe everyone.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 723

Replies: 0

Related Articles