OMADA Controller Software not finding Access Points

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-22 20:08:27
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Working on a network set up running off an Ubiquity ER-8 Router.Not using TP-LINK because non of their rackmount routers are capable of the troughout needed.

So i have Omada set up and running. Set with static IP on PC, and all access points are on same subnet, however controller can not find them. I am able to login to each EAP seperatley and i have switched them all to static pointed towards the correct gateway and DNS but still nothing. I have also opened up ports 29810-29814. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:OMADA Controller Software not finding Access Points
2020-04-22 23:08:46

@CZar, you didn't fill in the firmware version, so behavior of EAPs can differ. Usually, if you log into the web UI of an EAP, the EAP switches to standalone mode, meaning it is intentionally not managed by Omada controller.

To fix initiate a hard reset (press RESET for 5-7 seconds until the LED starts blinking) and wait until the EAPs have found Omada controller (not the other way around). You should have enabled the DHCP server on your router.

After EAPs have discovered Omada controller and appear as »Pending«, adopt them and then change their IP to a static one, define the gateway and DNS.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
Re:OMADA Controller Software not finding Access Points
2021-12-12 21:19:48

@CZar if only that was true....

I had to get a new router and changed the subnet at the time.

software controller lost connection with the APs, so I factory reset them.

Controller re-installed, EAP225's not detected.... 

I have installed the controller on another machine, same issue - have given up. Thought this would be a cost effective solution compared to meraki.

pabloesc

Options