Ubiquity compatibility

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Ubiquity compatibility

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
24 Reply
Re:Ubiquity compatibility
2020-07-06 02:30:12

@R1D2 

I don't know whether there will be a WBS coming out which offers AC mode. Maybe Fae can enlighten us about the Pharos road map.

Hi R1D2, I'm afraid that there's only a slight chance of a WBS which offers AC mode, unfortunately.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-07-06 11:06:29 - last edited 2020-07-06 20:16:12

Fae wrote

Hi R1D2, I'm afraid that there's only a slight chance of a WBS which offers AC mode, unfortunately.

So does this mean that the Pharos product line is approaching End-Of-Life?

That would be a pitty IMO, since we then would have to go back to Ubiquiti's AirOS for Wireless Broadband products used for directional links.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2020-07-07 06:40:42

@R1D2 

So does this mean that the Pharos product line is approaching End-Of-Life?

That would be a pitty IMO, since we then would have to go back to Ubiquiti's AirOS for Wireless Broadband products used for directional links.

Sorry for the confusion. I didn't mean that the Pharos product line is EOL, the Pharos CPE series is still in production you know (we can tell from the new CPE710), but just the WBS series is not likely to release one with AC mode as we haven't received such news.

When the official website of one region shows the product is End Of Life, we can tell that this specific model is discontinued in that region. Sometimes, you might still be able to find the model in the markets, if it is newly discontinued.

What's more, I believe there will always be a new product line coming out to replace the approaching EOL product line. So we may not worry about whether it's discontinued or not.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-07-07 09:28:00

Fae, thanks for the reply.

Fae wrote

What's more, I believe there will always be a new product line coming out to replace the approaching EOL product line. So we may not worry about whether it's discontinued or not.

Yes, but firmware support then stops abruptly and this is a real issue for us.

In my opinion long-term firmware support is a much more important issue for SMB customers than considering to add a client mode to EAPs.

At least we found out that CPE510 v1 can indeed run Pharos firmware v2.2.0, while the official firmware version on Germany's TP-Link support site is a pretty old version v2.1.6 dated from 2017-09-08.

As for EAPs, we still have early versions of EAP110/EAP110-Outdoor/EAP120 and EAP225 in the field and on stock, so for the EAPs we have to provide an EAP controller v2.7 for our customers until today.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
Related Articles