Slow internet in other devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-13 02:33:16 - last edited 2020-08-15 06:29:38
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 4.1.5

Slow intenet I try all possible solutions.I have 60 clients online. But in tablet its fast. What should I do?

Options
7 Reply
Re:Slow internet in other devices
2020-08-15 06:29:11 - last edited 2020-08-15 06:29:38

Dear @meon,

meon wrote

Slow intenet I try all possible solutions.I have 60 clients online. But in tablet its fast. What should I do?

To figure out the problem and assist you better, could you please provide as much information as possible? 

Do you have slow internet on both 2.4G and 5G? Does the speed issue only exist on iOS clients? How far are the clients away from the AP? 

Draw a network topology, check the total bandwidth from the uplink wired device and let us know what advanced settings you configured on the Omada network and what troubleshooting you have done. Besides, provide a screenshot of the Devices page on the OC200 where we can see the device models, hardware and firmware info. Thank you in advance for your cooperation. 

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-08-15 09:12:46

@Fae I'm using both 2.4ghz and 5g I think its both slow. I'm using only android for now. Its have a good signal at night when I using the my phone, intenet connection is good, when I open my phone in the morning the othe device is slow, in the same location. Their subscription is not yet expired. In 

Authentication-Free Client List the connection are good.

I check the bandwith its the same to others.Ex: Phone 1 10mbps, Phone 2 10 mbps Phone 3.... Other phone like phone 2 is so slow, its very difficult to open even youtube.

The trouble shooting I have done are:

1. Reboot AP(eap) 

2. Reconnect some users 

3. try in other controller with same version like omada controller 

4. Create new SSID (connection is back but its not a good solution because other user  is in other SSID which connected and authenticate)

5. I add them to authentication free client list although they are not expire yet. (Connection is back, but still not good solution if you have numerous number of user)

6. Reset AP (eap).

7. New voucher or authorized clients. (connection is good, because I try this to infected phone.)

Options
2020-08-16 07:35:45

@meon 

4. Create new SSID (connection is back but its not a good solution because other user  is in other SSID which connected and authenticate)

Did you create a new SSID with the same potal and bandwidth limit for the test?

5. I add them to authentication free client list although they are not expire yet. (Connection is back, but still not good solution if you have numerous number of user)

Could you upload screenshots of the voucher settings? It may have something to do with the configuration, need to get more info to address the problem. If possible, upload a backup file of the controller settings so that we can check the settings for you. Thank you so much for your cooperation.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-08-16 12:55:41 - last edited 2020-08-16 12:57:49

@Fae Yes, I create a new SSID with the same potal and bandwidth limit for the test.

Here's my portal settings. Please inform me if I have a mistake so I can configure the settings.

Options
2020-08-19 02:13:16

Dear @meon,

Please go to the Voucher Manager, check the settings like Duration, Traffic and Download/Upload Limit configured on the Vouchers code. If you can get the connection back after you Extend time for the voucher code, check if it's caused by the short duration or low traffic limit.  

Besides, please go to Wireless Networks to check the settings for the SSID with portal enabled, is Rate Limit configured on the Portal SSID?

Under Site settings, do you enable advanced features like Fast Roaming, Band steering, Airtime Fairness?

If there is, please disable the advanced features to have a check if it improves the wireless network. Thank you in advance.

Options
2020-08-19 03:42:20

@Fae For now, I will observe If this sinarios will happen again.

In addition please check this. I limit the rate in voucher but in config user is not limitted. I try different mbps but not working, can't even configure rate limit. Hope theirs a popup it said that it was limitted or any information. 

Look at this:

Voucher limit.

User config, rate limit.

Options
2020-08-19 07:00:13

Dear @meon,

Look at this:

Voucher limit.

User config, rate limit.

The Rate Limit on User config is separate from the Download/Upload Limit on Voucher Codes, they are different.

On User config, the Rate Limit is only available for the clients connected to the EAPs (no matter how it's connected, as long as it's showing in the list), we can check the box to enable rate limit and set upload/download limit for the specific desired client.

On the Vouchers page, the Download/Upload Limit is only available for wireless clients connected to the SSIDs with Portal authentication enabled, we can set download/upload limit for the created voucher codes, thus to limit rate on the wireless clients using the voucher code(s).

So you don't have Rate Limit enabled on User config since you haven't set it. If you want to check whether the Voucher limit takes effect, run a speedtest to test after the wireless client is connected using the voucher code.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1187

Replies: 7

Related Articles