Omada software missing hotspot manager for alt account. Unable to login from hotspot page.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada software missing hotspot manager for alt account. Unable to login from hotspot page.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-17 14:01:21
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.20.1

I'm attempting to make a new guide to walk customer service through creating a voucher since upgrading to the new Omada SDN Controller and I want to make it as simple as possible with little to no typing so I can prevent errors.  Also, I've tried bookmarking the hotspot page and explaining that you need to login to the regular site before going to the hotspot page because it doesn't process usernames and passwords the same, so you get login errors when going directly to the hotspot manager page.  I'm using Linux and had a walkthrough made for version 3.2.6, but there is no more hotspot button for anyone but the "Main Administrator" account after upgrading to 4.1.5 of the SDN version.  I just upgraded to version 4.2.4 and there is still no link in the drop down for anyone but the main account. I've purged my cache to make sure it wasn't loading the previous version of the web interface as well. (BTW, you really should let people post more than one file so the problem can be explained in one post.  Also, I didn't see an option for the Omada control software in the "model" drop down.  Since this isn't a problem with hardware, it seems odd that my only options were hardware to select from.)

The following picture is logged in as the alt account:

File:
Logged in as Operator.pngDownload
Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada software missing hotspot manager for alt account. Unable to login from hotspot page.
2020-11-17 14:02:06

Dropdown logged into the main account:

File:
Logged in as Admin.pngDownload
Options
Re:Omada software missing hotspot manager for alt account. Unable to login from hotspot page.
2020-11-17 14:03:12

Error log after attempting to login directly on the hotspot manager page:

File:
Failed login from Hotspot Management page.pngDownload
Options
2020-11-23 08:58:04

Dear @Frozenstiff,

I'm using Linux and had a walkthrough made for version 3.2.6, but there is no more hotspot button for anyone but the "Main Administrator" account after upgrading to 4.1.5 of the SDN version.  I just upgraded to version 4.2.4 and there is still no link in the drop down for anyone but the main account.

You may refer to the User Guide of Omada SDN Controller for detailed introduction and configuration guide on the Hotspot manager.

Note: related info can be found at Page 284-286.

BTW, you really should let people post more than one file so the problem can be explained in one post.

Thank you for the suggestion, I've forwarded to the community developer team for future evaluation.

At present, we could directly upload multiple pictures instead if there is more than one image to upload in the post.

Also, I didn't see an option for the Omada control software in the "model" drop down. Since this isn't a problem with hardware, it seems odd that my only options were hardware to select from.)

I'll report this to the adminstration who will help to add the Omada Software Controller. Your feedback is much appreciated!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1007

Replies: 3

Related Articles