CPE710 setup question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

CPE710 setup question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
CPE710 setup question
CPE710 setup question
2021-03-02 04:43:05
Model: CPE710  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello

Bought two CPE 710 antennas. I have the one at the house set up as AP mode, one on a barn about 300 meters away set up as client. They are talking, and if I have the client Ethernet plugged directly into laptop I have internet connection. My problem arises when I try to plug same Ethernet from client antenna into WAN port as I want to broadcast a wireless signal around barn area. Im hoping someone can tell me what I need hardware (if regular router isn't it), or if I need to put router into bridge mode then a second router to broadcast. I'm stumped at this stage on how to go from laptop connection (that's working) into router so I can broadcast wireless and also have other devices at barn plugged into router to use internet. 
thank you in advance. 
T

Options
4 Reply
Re:CPE710 setup question
2021-03-04 11:46:02

Dear @Titanite,

My problem arises when I try to plug same Ethernet from client antenna into WAN port as I want to broadcast a wireless signal around barn area. Im hoping someone can tell me what I need hardware (if regular router isn't it), or if I need to put router into bridge mode then a second router to broadcast.

There is no need to put router into bridge mode then connect a second router to broadcast.

The CPE AP+Client link can be taken as a long cable connection. If your laptop connected to the CPE Client can get Internet access, all we need is to set up the router with proper settings for Internet access after you plug the same Ethernet from the CPE Client into WAN port of the router. If you cannot get Internet access from the router WiFi, it's suggested to check the router settings.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-03-04 15:15:16

@Fae Thank you for the reply. I was able to put my older router into Access point mode, which allowed me to connect wirelessly to it. I did find however using a netgear nighthawk router, it recognises it is behind another router (the router on  AP side sending signal) and sorted itself out and routes wireless and wired connections on client side properly. I think my biggest issue was old hardware (started with a 2010 vintage airport extreme (very limited options)).  I appreciate the reply!

Options
2021-03-05 01:49:09

Dear @Titanite

I was able to put my older router into Access point mode, which allowed me to connect wirelessly to it. I did find however using a netgear nighthawk router, it recognises it is behind another router (the router on  AP side sending signal) and sorted itself out and routes wireless and wired connections on client side properly. I think my biggest issue was old hardware (started with a 2010 vintage airport extreme (very limited options)).  I appreciate the reply!

Welcome and thank you for sharing the results. Glad to know that your concern was resolved finally.

Hope you could enjoy the Internet with TP-Link products. Have a nice day!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-02-21 18:44:17 - last edited 2022-02-21 18:45:36

Hi, The tp-Link CPE710 set up instructions omit one very important point in the set up procedure. You are connecting an "Access Point" CPE710 to a "Client" CPE710. The default IP address of the CPE710 as it comes out of the box is 192.168.0.254. To access this you need your PC/tablet/phone's IP address to be in the same range i.e. 192.168.0.XXX (as per the instructions). So the instructions correctly tell you to change the IP address of your PC/tablet/phone to 192.168.0.XXX (i.e. 192.168.0.10) so that you can connect to the CPE710 to configure it. However, if the existing network router that you are connecting the "Access Point" CPE710 to has a different IP range, such as 192.168.1.XXX, then you will need to change the static IP address on the Access point CPE710 to correspond to this IP range i.e. 192.168.1.254 in order to have internet access. This step may seem obvious to a network technician but to a novice carefully following the CPE710 instructions you'd be lost without this tip .... as I was for about a day!!!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2481

Replies: 4

Related Articles