dual wan has no internet connection on WAN from 4g router MR6400

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-21 13:05:37 - last edited 2021-03-24 01:34:48
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V1.6

I have an Internet connection when I connect a computer to the LAN port of MR6400 but fail to get Internet when the router is connected to the WAN port of the R605 router so that I can use the 4g Internet as either fail over or load balancing. The WAN port is set to dynamic IP,  it has an IP address and default gateway and network traffic shows a few packets being transmitted. When I disconnect WAN1 the back port WAN2 will show as online but no internet comes through. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:dual wan has no internet connection on WAN from 4g router MR6400
2021-03-24 02:06:21

Dear @Kipinga,

I have an Internet connection when I connect a computer to the LAN port of MR6400

When you connect a PC to the LAN port of MR6400, please try to ping an external address like www.google.com on the PC.

Then upload an image of the ping test results for checking. How to use the Ping command

when the router is connected to the WAN port of the R605 router so that I can use the 4g Internet as either fail over or load balancing.

Do you have 2 WAN connections simultaneously connected on the R605 router? If you configure the Link Backup function on the R605 router, disable it and verify if you can get Internet access from the R605 router with a single WAN connection.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:dual wan has no internet connection on WAN from 4g router MR6400
2021-03-26 16:37:14

@Kipinga Thank you Fae for the advice. With WAN 1 disconnected and link back up disabled the network sharing center on the computer shows that i have an internet connection however i cannot load any web pages. The two WANs jhave different IP addresses and default gateways so there is no chance that there is a clash of IP addresses. This happens evern when i swap teh WAN ports between the two internet modems.

Please see below the ping result with thr router directly connected to my computer.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 730

Replies: 2

Related Articles