5ghz DFS channels not returning back to the channels set

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-12 16:38:57 - last edited 2021-05-12 16:42:03

EU EAP225, EAP 245 latest HW version, latest firmware.

Issue:

Both EAPs are set to channels 60 & 100 (DFS) respectively. Radar is detected and channels revert back to non DFS - AS EXPECTED.

However, week later or so, they do NOT revert back to the DFS channels (60, 100). Surely then, they should re-scan and if radar is NOT detected, revert back to the set channels (60, 100). They dont and this means constantly logging in to change them back.

Additionally, is this radar detection 'threshold' too sensitive? Some other manufacturers rescan DFS and revert back and others have 'tuned' how sensitive they are to radar detection. Since I'm not aware of radar in the vicinity and only a couple of aircraft at over 2500ft, i'd suspect that these EAPs alogrithm is too sensitve.

One other thing, latets firmware on OC200, the network channel widget does not show 5Ghz anymore or very rarely

Options
2 Reply
Re:5ghz DFS channels not returning back to the channels set
2021-05-13 14:03:14

@Pugs 

I have the same issue, mine detected RADAR and dropped to 40 / 48 with the neighbours

We live in the countryside and nearest RADAR is likely 30 miles or more so what its detecting, who knows!   It does seem to be a tad over sensitive on this.. agreed

Options
Re:5ghz DFS channels not returning back to the channels set
2021-06-23 09:39:53

@Fae Can you report this to devs please, why DFS is dropping back to non DFS when radar is highly unlikely in the wifi 'home' range please. And why 5ghz channels aren't shown in the Omada overview of channels.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 763

Replies: 2

Related Articles