TL-R605 VLAN questions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-R605 VLAN questions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-R605 VLAN questions
TL-R605 VLAN questions
2021-11-27 12:25:08 - last edited 2021-11-27 12:26:31
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V1_1.1.1_20210723

Good Morning 

i have a TL-R605 router that is connected to :

- wan with a static ip with internet 

- first lan on subnet 10.2555.3.x with no dhcp only static 

-second lan on subnet 192.168.1.x with no dhcp only static 

i added two vlan and associated  to each lan with port 1 and 2

now i have two problem:

1/ those vlan don't communicate with each other and i need to find a way to make them communicate 

2/ i configured 2 vpn for each vlan to let the wan side can communicate with the two lan, but there were no communication

i tried the allow rules in firewall and nothing happened 

i tried the routing and NAT , DMZ but nothing working 

please could you guide me to solve this problems 

Options
3 Reply
Re: TL-R605 VLAN questions
2021-11-29 05:46:56

@tchiobtcha 

1. Do you use the L2+/L3 switch in this setup? 

2. Do you set up the Multi-nets NAT according to the guide from TPLINK? https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/887/ 

If so, you have to set up the ACL to block each VLAN. It does not matter which way you control the setup. (via the Controller or in standalone.) You gotta set up the ACL to block the communication. So, from what you described, I am suspecting the setup is not correct. By default, VLAN talks to each other. Unless the ACL is set. 

3. Do you mean that you have set up the VPN Client on your ER605 and wanted to route each VPN to a different VLAN?

Have you tried the policy routing? Only L2TP/PPTP can do the Policy Routing. https://www.tp-link.com/nl/search/?type=smb&q=policy+routing&t=

Options
2021-11-29 07:23:31 - last edited 2021-11-29 07:24:51

@John1234 

Thank you jhon for the reply im really on a dead end 

1/im not using L2+/L3 switch .i think with untagged configuration it can work.please correct me if im wrog .im still a newbie in this domain 

2/for the NAT i thought that this is only for being able to communicate from the wan side to the lan side by a specific port but in my case im using the vpn.

After making two lans and connect the computers i cannot succeed in ping test from lan to another.

3/ in my case i want to make a vpn server in the router with two users one for the first lan and a second user to the second lan. The idea is to be able to communicate with computers in the two lans over wan 

If you want i can share photos of all the configuration views

Options
2021-12-22 23:17:49

@tchiobtcha 

If you provided the printscreen of the related setup pages, would be more chance for anyone with knowledge here to help you.

This router, accourding to the developers, does let inter-vlan communication on by default. That has been the major negative surprise for many (including myself) users.

We had to learn how to create ACL rules effectively to block inter-vlan.

So, something is weird in your configuration.

With the v1.1.1 firmware the ACL rules can be applied to LAN->LAN direction, not just between WAN and LAN as it was in previous firmwares.

So, let's see your screenshots!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1146

Replies: 3

Related Articles