Omada EAP VLAN best practice

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-04 10:51:41
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Dear all.

I set up several WLANs each in different VLANs and a management VLAN. The switch port is configured as trunk port accepting the respective tagged VLANs. It works fine.

Nevertheless, I wonder if there is any best practice how to set the PVID of the port. Some unused VLAN ID, the management VLAN (which is actually tagged) or is this simply irrelevant?

Are there any recommendations?

Thanks

Martin

Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada EAP VLAN best practice
2021-12-06 08:50:12

@mwo 

As far as I know, only one PVID can be set for a port, which is usually set to the same as the VLAN ID.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/788/
For the understanding of PVID settings, you can simply refer to this FAQ.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2021-12-06 09:09:29

@Virgo 

Yes, you are right. Exactly one PVID must be set. The question is, which one. One of the VLAN IDs of the WLANs, the VLAN ID of the Management VLAN or a VLAN ID which is actually not used by the AP, because all VLANs of the WLANs and the VLAN of the management LAN are all tagged already.

Kind regards

Martin

Options
2021-12-07 05:35:24

@mwo 

This generally depends on your actual needs, where the data flow that you wanna it go and what you are trying to achieve by setting up the VLAN.

If you don't mind, you can tell me about your setup (like the screenshot of the settings or you can describe it in words) and the actual requirements, including, of course, the topology of your entire network.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 905

Replies: 3

Related Articles