TP Link WAP : Unable to connect to router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-04 11:40:11
Model: EAP110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: unkoown

I have a TP Link WAP and have been unable to connect this to the router/network

I can connect my mobile phone to the WAP's network (default). I did this by entering the IP Address

I cannot connect my laptop to the WAP, and have tried to manually enter the same IP address

I cannot connect the laptop to tplinkeap.net. My mobile will connect to this but it seems to go to Aerial.net , and i am expecting to connect into the WAP

The router i am using is Fritzbox and my internet provider is Zen

I am not an IT person and would really appreciate it if anyone could point me in the rigth direction

Many thanks

Shiants

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP Link WAP : Unable to connect to router
2021-12-06 08:39:56

@Shiants 

Based on my experience, you can use you phone connect or laptop connect to the EAP’s Wi-Fi.

If you can see the error message “Obtain IP address fails”, or the phone can connect it but the IP address is 169.254.x.x. It is because the connection between the router and EAP fails.

You need to check the physical connection from the router to the EAP.

If you are not sure, please use a PC replace the EAP, connecting with the same Ethernet port and cable to check the PC can get internet or not.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options