TPLink Omada Suite to replace Sky Q Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-11 18:54:14 - last edited 2022-01-11 19:29:22
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi

I have the EAP series AP's, OC200 controller and Omada switch currently hanging off my Sky Q router (work from home so still a business network question) but I would like a more holistic approach so I can see and manage end to end.

My networking knowledge is enough to get me this far with the TPL Omada ecosystem but I'll admit I'm lost when it comes to the internet connection and how to remove the Sky Q Router from the equation.

AS TPL don't have a modem only solution (I don't need a modem.router like the Archer) I was planning to use an old Draytek Vigor 130 in bridge mode and a separate router on the back of that which would then connect to my TPL switch and AP's and be visible on my OC200 hanging off the switch.

Am I wrong in thinking I can use the ER605 to provide routing behind the modem, thus removing the SkyQ router?

Many thank and please be kind :)

If I'm right is there a setup guide?

To be clear what I am trying to do is complete my Omada setup so that all of it is viewable and manageable in the cloud. Can't help but think there is something missing in the TPL line up to allow this for home users? How is it done in the business world and what is the difference?

Options
4 Reply
Re:TPLink Omada Suite to replace Sky Q Router
2022-01-12 08:12:00

Dear @Ricochet75

Ricochet75 wrote

AS TPL don't have a modem only solution (I don't need a modem.router like the Archer) I was planning to use an old Draytek Vigor 130 in bridge mode and a separate router on the back of that which would then connect to my TPL switch and AP's and be visible on my OC200 hanging off the switch.

Am I wrong in thinking I can use the ER605 to provide routing behind the modem, thus removing the SkyQ router?

Yes, it is OK.
This article will be very helpful to you : How to add an Omada Gateway to the network?

And it is recommendation to upgrade the controller version of OC200 to 4.4.3 or above.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-01-12 12:02:50
Thanks for the response and link. Does the ER605 support Sky MER 61 and if so is there a configuration guide for setting it up? thanks in advance.
Options
2022-01-13 05:50:39

Dear @Ricochet75 ,

Ricochet75 wrote

Does the ER605 support Sky MER 61 and if so is there a configuration guide for setting it up?

Sorry, it doesn't support.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-01-17 16:22:35

Thanks. Resolved my query 

so to be clear, you can't have and end to end Omada ecosystem at home because there isn't a Mer 61 router or modem that is Omada compatible? Disappointing 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 979

Replies: 4

Related Articles