Moving Omada Controller to a new machine breaks everything

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-11 16:25:20
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.0

I just tried moving the controller from my old laptop to a new one.  I saved a backup of the configs, and then restored it on the new machine.  All the APs go down; the WLANs show up sporadically and go down.  I've tried removing and re-adding the APs, and it usually works for a bit but stops.  The SSIDs stop broadcasting and devices lose connection, even though the Controller software shows the APs in inventory, connected.

In the end I had to boot my old laptop up again and start the Controller there, and everything goes green again.  I'm running Omada Controller v3.2.14 on both laptops.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Moving Omada Controller to a new machine breaks everything
2022-02-12 11:14:15

@Chamber 

I see you are running controller v3.  Was it the same v3 controller you installed on the new laptop before restoring the backup?

Also check your firewall settings, its quite common for blocked ports / firewall to cause the issues you mentioned.

Options