Omada AP controller through Pfsense, firewall rules

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-11 19:15:41 - last edited 2022-04-11 19:37:30
Model: EAP265 HD  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.0.3 Build 20210618 Rel. 46584

Hello Everyone,

I have my main computer on the LAN sub-net and a Omada EAP265-HD on OPT1, I want to use the controller to connect to the AP through the firewall. I have configured some ports according to the AP ports.

I can't configure the AP with the controller even if everything is working, how do get the controller to work on a windows computer throuight the firewall?

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada AP controller through Pfsense, firewall rules
2022-04-12 06:20:27

Dear  @Ace_Crazy 

1. Omada controller use ports 29810-29814 UDP/TCP, but you may also need to allow EAP to use these ports. EAP will broadcast the package and the controller is the receiver. 

2. Please make sure there is routing between the EAP subnet and the controller subnet. You can allow ICMP packages and have a Ping test from controller PC to the EAP;

3. Run EAP discovery utility to let EAP know the controller IP. About how to use the Utility, here is an example:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2713/

Regards

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-04-13 10:53:07

@Ace_Crazy  Ya opened all the ports you suggested and still can't get the controller to connect through the firewall, not sure whats going on.

Options
2022-04-14 00:31:23

@Ace_Crazy 

I have EAP660HD and I use only its web interface to manage it. I wasn't able to access that interface from other subnets than the one the AP was in until I enabled the 'Layer-3 Accessibility' option in the AP configuration.

Kris K
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3010

Replies: 3

Related Articles