3 PoE EAP620-HD inmesh / Roaming Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-17 13:51:52
Model: EAP620 HD  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: Newest

I have the Omada setup with the ER605 Router,  TL-SG2008P PoE Switch and OC200 controller with 3 EAP620-HD's wired for PoE since I do not have power by them. How do I set this up as a mesh or have devices connect to the closest one? Currently all 3 EAPs are wired for PoE and have wireless access but all my devices are only connecting to 1 of them in my home. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:3 PoE EAP620-HD inmesh / Roaming Setup
2022-04-18 06:57:15

@LordDarkHelmet 

I think you mean Fast Roaming? Mesh is for building wireless network, for example one as root AP, and two others as extend AP without Ethernet connection to the main network.

About roaming, it's more like a behavior controlled by the client devices. So there are not many things we can do on the controller.

We can change the EAP transmit power to low, so client devices will cut off the weak wifi signal from far away AP.

Then enable fast roaming and band steering, so the client devices will not be connected to the busy AP/band

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 607

Replies: 1

Related Articles