Help me understand the logic or perspective

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-18 16:53:10
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.0.5

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
4 Reply
Re:Help me understand the logic or perspective
2022-04-19 05:40:16
Hi, I think Tx/Rx rate is the "Wireless link rate" to the root AP. It has nothing to do with Internet speed or user traffic. It only shows the connection status from mesh AP to root AP. While Down/Up Pkts means how many packages it receive/send. But it is also not the actual user's Internet usage, because there are some pkts only for local communication. The Internet usage will be a little smaller than this 18.19G
Options
2022-04-19 13:38:47 - last edited 2022-04-19 13:43:35

@Somnus 

Hi.  I agree with your summary, but I don't understand the logic or usefulness of inverting the reporting for wirelessly connected APs.  

From an AP perspective, RX packets are inbound and destined for the internet via the UP link.  Conversely, (TX) packets transmitted are sent to end users because they are coming DOWN from the internet.  

I just have an issue where an identical model of AP shows reversed statistics just because it has a wireless backhaul.  i think this is a bug and should be fixed.

versus   

In the Devices.Overview menu of SDN, TX (generally much larger) and RX are correctly defined regardless of AP model or backhaul type:

At the very least, i would request that the Map option Labels use Left and Right arrows to denote flow of user traffic rather than Up/Down arrows as they are misleading.

Options
2022-04-22 07:19:34

Hi  @d0ugmac1 

d0ugmac1 wrote

I've created a support ticket via your registered email address and escalated to the TP-Link support team for further follow-up.
The case ID is TKID220421357

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, I'd encourage you to share it with the community.

Thank you so much for your cooperation and support!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-04-22 16:27:10 - last edited 2022-04-22 16:29:41

Below shows a case where 95%+ of wireless traffic is consumed by users attached to a single 1-hop mesh AP.

How do we interpret the varying spread between TX and RX data?  Is it all re-tried packets? Is it local 2Gband-to-5Gband traffic being handled by the AP?  Both?

Here are the stats from the Mesh_AP's 5Ghz backhaul link (different time scales, only last 20% is relevant here):

(there are zero drops on the 2.4G link and very few retransmits,so irrelevant)

From a switch perspective, things line up

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 438

Replies: 4

Related Articles