Omdada Software Controller Request Timeout after Login

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-19 06:36:42
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.1.7

I am running the Omada controller software in docker on a Raspberry Pi and everything was working fine. I am using the Omada Version 5.1.7, since a few days I cannot login in my system. After pressing the login button it takes a while (exact 30 seconds) then a message appears „Request Timeout“ (It’s like a toast message in the firefox browser), also with other browser occures the same message (Chrome, Edge). In some times the systems answers within 30 seconds then the login works fine, but from twenty trys in best case once!

The issue is already described in an other post, unfortunately without a solution!

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/520974

Options
5 Reply
Re:Omdada Software Controller Request Timeout after Login
2022-04-19 09:05:33

Dear @Prawolf,

Prawolf wrote

I am running the Omada controller software in docker on a Raspberry Pi and everything was working fine. I am using the Omada Version 5.1.7, since a few days I cannot login in my system. After pressing the login button it takes a while (exact 30 seconds) then a message appears „Request Timeout“ (It’s like a toast message in the firefox browser), also with other browser occures the same message (Chrome, Edge). In some times the systems answers within 30 seconds then the login works fine, but from twenty trys in best case once!

From your description, it seems that the issue is reproduced steadily on your side.

Does the issue get started since the first installation of the controller, or it worked fine before but started since the controller v5.1.7 update? If the latter, what's the previous controller version?

Could you please upload a screenshot of the error page for checking?

Do you find any error in the log (you can find the log under the installation path)?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-04-19 11:14:26

Dear   @Fae 

the system is installed since 10 weeks and worked fine, three weeks ago i upgraded from 5.0.30 to 5.1.7.  After the upgrade i had no problems, the system worked fine! For me  it seems that the login process needs more and more  time (week for week). I do not have any error message in the omada server log files.  

Error message from the browser

Best Regards

Options
2022-04-21 03:56:28

Dear @Prawolf,

Prawolf wrote

the system is installed since 10 weeks and worked fine, three weeks ago i upgraded from 5.0.30 to 5.1.7.  After the upgrade i had no problems, the system worked fine! For me  it seems that the login process needs more and more  time (week for week). I do not have any error message in the omada server log files.  

Error message from the browser

I haven't seen such issue before. From your problem description, it seems that you can barely launch the Omada Controller as time goes on.

To help you efficiently, I'd like to escalate your case to the TP-Link support team for further investigation.

They will reach you via your registered email address shortly, please pay attention to your email box later.

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, I'd encourage you to share it with the community.
Thank you so much for your cooperation and patience!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-05-30 20:16:01

@Prawolf Any Update here? I'm having the same issues

Options
2022-06-03 04:49:32

@softwareman there was no helpful hint from the support, i restored from my backup and changed  the retention date setting to 7 days. So the login works and process  will not last longer then 20 seconds.

Options