Can I switch what EAP the client is running off of?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-22 04:20:29 - last edited 2022-05-22 14:28:03
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have an EAP245 in the hallway downstairs in my basement which is over 80' and walls and floors away from my garage.  I have several wireless things including a rain machine controller and MyQ garage opener in my garage.  For some reason these 2 items are linked as clients to the EAP in the basement, which is not even close to having the signal strength of the the 245 in the garage. 10 ft line of site and it chooses an EAP that far away?
How can I tell the clients to go to the other EAP in my Omada software?

Thanks.

Edit: As I do more with the system I will probably understand it better.  Today, I came down and the client list had changed.  The proper client was associated with the proper EAP. Problem solved? Not sure.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can I switch what EAP the client is running off of?
2022-05-22 16:47:02

@ingeborgdot 

Hey

I have come accross this before with a Printer (older 2.4ghz device) that always connected to the furthest AP regardless, tried a few things and was able to get it resolved

1.  AI Roaming, this allows the controller to roam the device if it feels its beneficial, rather than letting the device decide.. which helped!

2.  I found the printer always seemed to connect to the AP on channel 1 first, its almost like it went looking for WiFi on each channel one at a time therefore found a signal (all be it awful) on channel 1 so stopped looking any further.  Manually switching the 2.4 channels on the APs fixed this and it now authenticated on channel 1, which is where the device is located.. strange but deffo a device issue!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 363

Replies: 1

Related Articles