CPE605 poor SNR in only 1.7 km

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-24 09:03:08 - last edited 2022-06-24 12:29:00
Model: CPE605  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.2.2

So I have 2 houses and trying to share internet from one to another. Distance between houses is 1658 meters.

I've found airlink site which tells me the height of the ground and antennas, so first is about 14m from the ground, 2nd is 10m from the ground, which makes them more or less leveled.

I flew from one antenna to another with a drone and there is at least 1.5 meters clearance with any tree or building on the way.

I did horizontal alignment till I got the best signal (on both sides), although vertical alignment within 10 degrees up and down didn't affect signal at all.

The best SNR I'm getting is 29 with 5Mhz Channel Width. When I set 40Mhz SNR gets down to 20-22.

I did use Spectrum Analysis on both sides and chose the channel with less noise.

Transmit power set anywhere from 5 to 23 doesn't affect SNR.

It is busy residential area, so I'm getting about 100 networks (about 40 with SSID).

Is there anything else I can do? I need at least 50mpbs, as of now I can barely send WhatsApp messages

The professional installers said they don't recommend TP-LINK in such busy areas and suggested me to get another brand.

Options