Does cpe605 have it's own wifi at receivers end?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-10 11:06:18 - last edited 2024-01-11 03:16:52
Model: CPE605  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi guys, I'm considering to get the cpe605 to link my home internet to another building about 200m away and I'm wondering if I also need to buy a wifi router to go at the receiving end or if the unit has it's own wifi capabilities. The would only be a couple of devices using it at the receiving end I've been searching a while and I feel like I've come across some info that indicates it does have its own wifi signal but I just can't verify it anywhere. Could anyone assist?

Thanks very much in advance!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Does cpe605 have it's own wifi at receivers end?-Solution
2024-01-11 03:16:48 - last edited 2024-01-11 03:16:52

Hi @Notsure,

For long-distance communication, we recommend you set a point-to-point connection.
Which means you will need two CPEs plus one AP or wireless router and a clear line of sight.

The connection should be like Router----AP CPE)))(((Client CPE----Another AP.

One CPE should connect to the router in the main house to extend wireless signal to the other building, while the other CPE should be installed in the other building(your shop) to receive the signal from the 1st CPE.
The 2nd CPE will work under client mode which means transferring the wireless signal to the wired signal, so it will not broadcast a wireless signal.
If you need a wireless signal in the other building, you need to connect another AP or wireless router after the 2nd CPE to broadcast Wi-Fi.

For more details about this application, you can refer to the link.
We have some articles and instructions that might be helpful:
Long-distance wireless connection concerns when using outdoor access point
How can I set up the AP + Client topology successfully

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Does cpe605 have it's own wifi at receivers end?-Solution
2024-01-11 03:16:48 - last edited 2024-01-11 03:16:52

Hi @Notsure,

For long-distance communication, we recommend you set a point-to-point connection.
Which means you will need two CPEs plus one AP or wireless router and a clear line of sight.

The connection should be like Router----AP CPE)))(((Client CPE----Another AP.

One CPE should connect to the router in the main house to extend wireless signal to the other building, while the other CPE should be installed in the other building(your shop) to receive the signal from the 1st CPE.
The 2nd CPE will work under client mode which means transferring the wireless signal to the wired signal, so it will not broadcast a wireless signal.
If you need a wireless signal in the other building, you need to connect another AP or wireless router after the 2nd CPE to broadcast Wi-Fi.

For more details about this application, you can refer to the link.
We have some articles and instructions that might be helpful:
Long-distance wireless connection concerns when using outdoor access point
How can I set up the AP + Client topology successfully

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Does cpe605 have it's own wifi at receivers end?
2024-01-11 10:40:55
Thanks very much mate, that's a really helpful answer! Im ready to buy everything i need now! I appreciate you taking the time to respond
Options
2024-01-12 01:22:30

Hi @Notsure,

Don't mention it! Hope you enjoy the Internet with TP-Link products and have a great day!

Options
2024-01-15 15:18:24

The CPE605 doesn't have its own built-in WiFi for receivers. It operates as a point-to-point bridge, so you'll need a separate WiFi router at the receiving end for your devices. Feel free to ask if you have more questions about the setup globalfist. st. Good luck with your connection

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 629

Replies: 4

Related Articles