Only able to communicate to one port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-18 09:14:03 - last edited 2022-09-19 01:17:43
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I have a tp-link T1600G-28TS switch that I just bought from a local reseller and I want to connect it but one problem that I'm facing is even after resetting it I'm unable to open the GUI management of the switch, also when I connect the cable from the router into any of the ports I'm unable to connect any device to that router on any port except the port 24 and if I connect the cable from the router on to port 24 then I can access it from any port. with that connected and accessing internet I can’t communicate with any other devices connected to the switch I can only communicate with the router.

In short I'm unable to connect to web UI and unable to communicate between any ports only port 24 can communicate to all ports and vise versa but if i try to communicate between port 1 and 2 it dosen't connect.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Only able to communicate to one port
2022-09-18 13:45:18 - last edited 2022-09-19 01:17:43

@Shourya22 

Hi,

Regarding the web UI.

If you connect the switch to a router that has a DHCP server, then the IP address under which you can reach the web UI of the switch may change according to the LAN subnet of the router.

So, log into the router and see if you can find the switch and its corresponding IP address in the DHCP list of your router's web UI. Then try to access the switch's webUI using http://[the IP address you found in the DHCP list]

If the switch is stand-alone (i.e. not connected to a DHCP server), then its IP address should be the default IP address (printed on the switch itself or in the user manual), but you will probably need to manually configure your computer's Ethernet card with a suitable static IP address, due to lack of DHCP. (i.e. if the switch's default IP address was 192.168.0.1, then manually set the computer to 192.168.0.2 or any other unused address within the same subnet)

Options
2022-09-19 06:07:46

@Shourya22 

Try to reset the switch. Maybe there are some VLAN settings on the switch although you just bought it.

Options
2022-09-22 06:49:10

@woozle 

the switch is not taking any ip from my dhcp server i have checked all the dhcp leaces given by my dhcp server also when i connect switch directly to my pc it still is unreachable on the default ip also after reseting it multiple time its not connection

woozle wrote

@Shourya22 

Hi,

Regarding the web UI.

If you connect the switch to a router that has a DHCP server, then the IP address under which you can reach the web UI of the switch may change according to the LAN subnet of the router.

So, log into the router and see if you can find the switch and its corresponding IP address in the DHCP list of your router's web UI. Then try to access the switch's webUI using http://[the IP address you found in the DHCP list]

If the switch is stand-alone (i.e. not connected to a DHCP server), then its IP address should be the default IP address (printed on the switch itself or in the user manual), but you will probably need to manually configure your computer's Ethernet card with a suitable static IP address, due to lack of DHCP. (i.e. if the switch's default IP address was 192.168.0.1, then manually set the computer to 192.168.0.2 or any other unused address within the same subnet)

Options
2022-09-22 06:49:52

@Somnus I tryed reseting it multiple time but its keep working the same way.

Options
2022-09-22 06:59:53
Did you set up static IP on your PC?
Options
2022-09-22 18:19:40

@Somnus 

Yes  tried setting up a static ip with the same subnet but even after it it is not working

Options
2022-09-23 04:51:00
Not sure what happens but it sounds like the switch is not working correctly. I think it could be a firmware/software issue but this switch does not have console port, so we are not able to switch to backup image. I think you may have to contact the reseller and ask for replacement.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 740

Replies: 7

Related Articles