WPA Authentication times out/failed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-22 06:06:38
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.5

I want to up this topic again. Have a small office, 40-50 clients. 2 eap's (10 meters between them, 3 walls) each connected with 1 PoE, 3 SSIDs (- hide, - with wpa2 aes, - guest opened) + Omada Controller. Every day I see this error. People complain that the connection is constantly lost even when they standing in 20 cm to the AP. I tried to disconnect all Wi-Fi devices for night except notebook and place it right near the AP. In the morning the same situation - 4-7 drops with "WPA Authentication times out/failed". I noticed, that this error got typically the same devices and some of them never got this error (as I noticed). What I have tried - reset, reboot, reconfig Controller (enable/disable fast roaming, band steering, airtime fairness, channels, increase/decries AP's power etc.) - nothing helped. But I think that some kind of previously firmware don't have this bug (maybe), cause people didn't complain to me early. I think it was or first version of 5.x or 4.x

Options
2 Reply
Re:WPA Authentication times out/failed
2022-09-23 07:17:01

@CheGuevara 

The issue could be on 2.4Ghz, it's suggested to disable 2.4Ghz but force all devices use 5Ghz.

Also you can try to change the wireless channels.

I did not see the issue on my EAPs but I saw some people had the same issue:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/275848

Options
Re:WPA Authentication times out/failed
2022-09-23 08:14:05

@Somnus not only on 2.4Ghz, on 5GHz too, but yep - not so often. I already tried to change channel and signal strength of AP's (+/- the same) and I saw that topic, but decide to wright here too. And 2 more thing, that I noticed:

1. More than 50% of this error happened when users on the boundary of signal strength. Ok, I think it's normal. But rest of them.... Right next to AP's)))

2. When user has intensive traffic from client to AP - this error doesn't happen

Anyway - I get what have get. Maybe I really have a noisy channel, maybe...

Options