Dynamic DNS Custom

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Dynamic DNS Custom

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Dynamic DNS Custom
Dynamic DNS Custom
2022-09-23 11:06:37 - last edited 2022-10-04 17:06:51
Tags: #Dynamic DNS
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

Hello
I have a problem with my company network, I have installed a TL-ER7206 v1 VPN, router that I bought mainly to use the VPN.
Now the question is that with the huge problem of ipv4 that exists in the service providers of the planet, I can only have DYNAMIC IP, so I need to use a DYNAMIC DNS service.
I want to use my own dyna hosts, but the router only allows me to configure for No-ip, DynDNS, Peanuthull and Comexe
I can not configure my own host as it does not allow custom configuration, and even if I apply it on dyndns, it does not apply it, has anyone managed to configure this without the need to hire an extra service from these external companies, I do not consider that ceding control of our dynamic dns to third parties, is good.
Thanks in advance.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Dynamic DNS Custom
2022-09-26 05:08:23

@Eloyfalcon 

You can send it to SUggest&Request block. Believe it or not, in the beginning this router only support DynDNS and no-ip. No other options.

I think I saw many request/suggestions before.

Options
2022-09-27 09:18:58

@Eloyfalcon 

i dont recall where did I see/read that. maybe the emulator. future releases will support custom dns. builtin+full customized ddns server. you can bring this up as a request in the right block

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2022-11-14 10:33:45

Hello,

is there already a possible date for the implementation of a custom DNS in the firmware? I'm using firmware 1.2.3 and want to replace an existing router from another manufacturer with the ER7206, but I really need the possibility to use another Dyn-DNS service before, in my case DDNSS.
I need this urgently! Unfortunately I don't know how to push this here.

Greetings
Olli

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 887

Replies: 3

Tags

Dynamic DNS
Related Articles