Firmware upgrade on EAP610 Outdoor (Reset Channel Selection?)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-29 11:11:33 - last edited 2022-09-29 14:16:28
Model: EAP610-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.04

Got my EAP610-Outdoor in place and operating. Now it shows a firmware upgrade is available. I looked at the changes and one of the changes is as follows.

2.4G change 20/40MHz to Auto, 5G change 20/40/80MHz to Auto

I am a bit concerned with this since I have 5G set to channel 161 for the purpose of 3 CPE710s connecting to the EAP in Client Mode. It appears to be saying that the default choices of 20/40 and 20/40/80  are going to change to AUTO, but will this affect my manual channel selection of 161 on 5G?  If that is the case, I will lose access to the EAP610 as well as the two other remote locations that are linked by CPE710s. In short I will lose internet connection and there will only be one operational AP in the park until I can reverse the change. 

Am I interpreting this change correctly and If so what is the quickest way for me to reverse the change?  I will not be able to use the controller on my PC because it will have no access. I am trying to reduce downtime for our guests.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Firmware upgrade on EAP610 Outdoor (Reset Channel Selection?)
2022-09-30 07:05:21 - last edited 2022-09-30 07:07:42

Dear  @RickJamesBish 

RickJamesBish wrote

I am a bit concerned with this since I have 5G set to channel 161 for the purpose of 3 CPE710s connecting to the EAP in Client Mode. It appears to be saying that the default choices of 20/40 and 20/40/80  are going to change to AUTO, but will this affect my manual channel selection of 161 on 5G?  If that is the case, I will lose access to the EAP610 as well as the two other remote locations that are linked by CPE710s. In short I will lose internet connection and there will only be one operational AP in the park until I can reverse the change. 

Am I interpreting this change correctly and If so what is the quickest way for me to reverse the change?  I will not be able to use the controller on my PC because it will have no access. I am trying to reduce downtime for our guests.

The change is only on the description. Auto means the AP will choose 20/40/80 automatically. It's the same option as old version 20/40/80 option. 

No, it will not affect your existing configurations.

However we do not have an easy way to "reverse the firmware", you will need to download the older version firmware from tp-link official website, then upload it to EAP via Omada Controller. 

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-09-30 17:13:47

@Hank21 Thanks for the response. I have not updated yet. I tried to update it locally but it failed. I think maybe due to some port configuration.

Is there a way to run a port test to see if the necessary ports are open? I hate to try to update and it fail again because I had to reset the AP and get it all set back up again. It is the central AP in our RV park and that means the entire park loses internet and there are people that work remotely.

Options
2022-10-06 11:07:17

RickJamesBish wrote

@Hank21 Thanks for the response. I have not updated yet. I tried to update it locally but it failed. I think maybe due to some port configuration.

Is there a way to run a port test to see if the necessary ports are open? I hate to try to update and it fail again because I had to reset the AP and get it all set back up again. It is the central AP in our RV park and that means the entire park loses internet and there are people that work remotely.

Dear  @RickJamesBish 

Are you using Software controller? Or Hardware controller like OC200?

You may need to confirm there is no ACL settings or limitation on your router/switch. 

Solution Failed to update Omada devices by Omada Controller Online

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-10-06 21:58:12

@Hank21 Running OC200 but downloaded and tried local, which I assumed would not need anything special done for ports, however I already had the listed ports open. I did the update through OC200 this morning and it applied without issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 916

Replies: 4

Related Articles