Use eap620 in mesh to get internet to another building

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-10 15:18:04
Tags: #Mesh
Model: EAP620 HD  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, 

I'm building a garage in the back of my property. I would like to get internet to the garage without having to trench a wire in for IP Cameras. Also my router is not super easy accessible from outside to put point to point  CPE and the line of sight is not clear (roof top of house etc) However I get good signal strength from my EAP 620 HD which is in my basement.

Could I wirelessly mesh another EAP 620 HD and use the internet port on it to provide ethernet to a router?

Thank you. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Use eap620 in mesh to get internet to another building
2022-10-11 09:08:34

@Bjcanada 

Yes, you can use two EAPs to build the mesh, and the EAPs can also supply the network to the back-end devices with a network cable.
However, if you are feeding the router, it is recommended that you use the router as AP mode.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-10-15 17:07:54
Sorry should have said the ethernet port on remote EAP will be plugged into a POE switch to power up cameras. Should this work?
Options
2022-10-16 09:43:01 - last edited 2022-10-16 09:45:11

@Bjcanada If you are are saying you will have at the new location,   Router < POE Switch < Cameras + EAP620  < -  -  -  - > EAP620,  then it should work. 

I think the only thing that would interfere is if the EAP620 is detected as wired. I am not sure what triggers that state.  If it did show up as wired Im not sure it would give you the option to mesh with another wired EAP620.

Wait for other responses to be sure.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 447

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles