How can I set up remote access to the router, so that I can configure it from outside ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How can I set up remote access to the router, so that I can configure it from outside ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-21 10:32:23
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Good afternoon,

I have a TP-LINK ER605 device.

There is a VAN with a Dianmic address.

Question: How can I set up remote access to the router,
so that I can configure it from outside ?

Thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:How can I set up remote access to the router, so that I can configure it from outside ?
2022-10-24 05:08:26 - last edited 2022-10-24 05:11:44

@alex911kz 

You will need to set up DDNS first, to bind the dynamic WAN IP address to your URL;

Then on the router System->Remote Management, add a rule 0.0.0.0/0, means it allow all IP to login remotely.

Another solution could be more simple. You can link up a hardware controller to the router and enable cloud service. Video

Options
Re:How can I set up remote access to the router, so that I can configure it from outside ?
2022-10-26 10:43:06

@alex911kz 

You can also set up a simple VPN (again would will need a DDNS provider really if you have dynamic IP) which will allow you to access the network remotely, including the router GUI

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 782

Replies: 2

Related Articles