EAP110-Outdoor Scheduled Reboot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-28 14:17:52
Model: EAP110-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Scheduled Reboot - I've deployed a couple of EAP110-Outdoor in remote locations. All in standalone mode. I need to reboot each device 3x a week. Now, from what I read in this forum, in standalone mode the ap can only be rebooted manually. I can't possibly do this.

I've been waiting for this feature to come in firmware updates but still nothing. I guess this is not a priority for tp-link. Good thing is I found a competing product that offers this feature. Already finalizing my decision on this matter and I guess this is goodbye tp-link.

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP110-Outdoor Scheduled Reboot
2022-10-31 05:36:03

@juicybooger If you have a separate linux server, maybe a raspberry pi or similar, you can set a cron job to run a script to reboot it.  You'll need to enable ssh on the eap110, and then you can use a script like this to login via ssh and restart it.  I used this for awhile, and it worked reliably to reboot the eap110.

#!/bin/bash
sshpass -p 'password' ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -p 22 admin@192.168.9.9 'restart'

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 447

Replies: 1

Related Articles