Wireless devices disconnect and can't reconnect when new SSID is added

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-21 23:47:09
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 6.5.4

When I add a NEW second SSID, some of my devices (specifically a MyQ garage door opener, Google Home devices, and JBL speakers) drop from the existing network and are no longer able to reconnect to the existing network. I was essentially trying to set up a second SSID for guest access when I discovered this.

I completely understand them briefly losing connectivity while the AP's are reconfigued, but why would they not reconnect back to the old SSID when it was never removed or changed? Just a second SSID was set up, on a different VLAN, with a different subnet.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm running the latest controller firmware, I didn't test this with older versions to see if it's a new bug.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireless devices disconnect and can't reconnect when new SSID is added
2022-11-23 11:28:30

@dononeil 

If you do not have ACL related settings, then most likely the problem is with the VLAN settings.
You can try putting both SSIDs in the same VLAN and see if the problem persists.
If the problem does not exist there is a problem with the VLAN settings.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options