Omada holding device via Router in suspension?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-06 20:23:05
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.6.4

I have a question on how the controller handles devices that are connected to the network via WiFi. In the omada app is it normal for a device in standby to be connected to the router, until it turns on? The device is pulling an IP on the Guest network, via the Guest Network feature in Omada. I didn't know if this is a firewall feature of the Guest settings. I do not have any issues with the network that is setup now. I was only curious about how omada operates on this.   

There is a great group of community members on here that are extremely knowledge with Omada, any input is appreciated.

Thank you!

is.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Omada holding device via Router in suspension?
2022-12-07 11:03:08

@Meridion 

Did you enable Guest Netwrok on EAP SSID settings?

For Omada EAP, the guest network means the client devices can only access Internet and the gateway, but no access to your main LAN network.

It's kinda like Access Control. You can even create the guest network via Access Control manually:

How to set Access Control to create guest SSID on Omada Controller/EAP

Options