ACL CONFIGURATION

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ACL CONFIGURATION

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
ACL CONFIGURATION
ACL CONFIGURATION
2022-12-21 21:02:24
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

HI.

i need a help in my configurations please. i added my phone to access control so my phone can be connected automatically to the guest wireless network that i created to offer internet hotspot in my neighborhood. i realized today after living the neighborhood for about 4 hours and got connected to my omada network through cloud that my phone was connected and was using internet, but the phone was with me. i realized someone spoofed my mac address on the network. 

and this happened because, despite the fact that guest network is enabled, anyone connected can scan and see all visible devices on the network such as mac address and ip...

please, help me block clients from scanning, in some network you can only see the router while scanning with fing, but mine is discoverable, you can even count the number of person connected to my network just using fing. please, help me block it please.

i have 1 ER605, OC200, 5 EAP 225 OUTDOOR, 1 EAP 110 OUTDOOR AND 2 EAP 110.

PLEASE , HELP ME CONFIGURE THE NETWORK SO NO ONE CAN SCAN DEVICES BEING ON MY WIRELESS NETWORK. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Options
3 Reply
Re:ACL CONFIGURATION
2022-12-23 07:39:04

@Saamoss 

I have contacted their support before and asked a similar question, and the answer is that this is normal, I hope this explanation will help you:.

For the scanner you are using, the scanner will scan with ARP messages.
Even if we block ARP messages, the medium for wireless communication is air, and messages from nearby devices are received by everyone.

Although you can find the MAC and IP addresses of these devices, this does not mean that they can access and communicate with each other, only that they can be seen.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-12-24 06:59:13

@Virgo 

thanks for your reply.

but i really dont want them to be seen.... is there a configuration that can help me hide them?

Options
2022-12-27 05:32:52

@Saamoss 

You can consider to set the VLAN to separate the network, it may meet your needs.

How to configure Multi-Networks & Multi-SSIDs

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options