Is it possible to disable energy efficient ethernet (EEE) or green energy on managed switches?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Is it possible to disable energy efficient ethernet (EEE) or green energy on managed switches?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-28 15:47:43 - last edited 2022-12-29 07:53:12
Tags: #Dante
Model: TL-SG1016DE   TL-SG108E  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

I use a combination of TL-SG1016DE and TL-SG108E's in a dante audio network. The settings are quite basic. Just three switches connected via a LAG. There are only around 5-8 Dante-decives on the network, no other traffic. 

In general, everything works fine. However, after a day or so (while the connected devices are turned off), synchronization fails on the connected devices (MacBook Air with Dante Virtual Soundcard) and there are occasional audio dropouts. After restarting all switches in the network, everything works fine again. I highly suspect the enegery efficient ethernet (EEE) to be the source of the problem. 

Is there any way to disable this feature in the switches?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Is it possible to disable energy efficient ethernet (EEE) or green energy on managed switches?
2022-12-29 10:04:51

@audioluke Unfortunately I doubt EEE is your issue, these switches don't appear to have EEE (IEEE 802.3az) when looking through the switch datasheet or online specs.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1375

Replies: 1

Tags

Dante
Related Articles