PPSK missing if I create a wireless network with 6 Ghz channel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-01 20:19:34
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: latest

Why does the option to use PPSK (in any way) disappear on a wireless networks settings if I have 6 Ghz enabled? I can only use PPSK at the moment on the 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands... is this intentional? I solved a big problem with PPSK (yay) but now I lost the 6 Ghz band (boo).

Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:PPSK missing if I create a wireless network with 6 Ghz channel
2023-02-02 03:34:09
LOL! those older ROKU's were not Wifi6 capable anyways! I guess you could create 2 site-wide SSIDs, one on 2.4/5.8 with PPSK and the other on all 3 bands using just the portal? No harm in filing a 'possible bug' thread in the Suggestions forum for this either. I don't see why PPSK should be an issue with 6Ghz (but I literally just got my first 6-capable AP...so it's all new to me!)
<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-02-02 17:22:15

@d0ugmac1 I will open a bug - in my universe I have 6 wifi6 devices and 4 of them are 6e. TP-Link just released recently wifi 7 mesh --- :)

Note: All samsung phones in the Galaxy s21 and up series are wifi6e most people just didn't know that - probably the same for the latest iphones.

Thanks!

Options
2023-02-02 19:01:41

@OrangeStreet 

I was looking at this bug just now... was going to post and your beat me to it.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 639

Replies: 3

Related Articles