Continuous and Motion Detection Recording simultaneously, without an NVR, on an SD card

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Continuous and Motion Detection Recording simultaneously, without an NVR, on an SD card

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-15 19:42:34 - last edited 2023-02-15 19:47:43
Model: VIGI C340  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.2 Build 230115

I installed this product with an SD card. Single C340 2.8mm IP camera, without NVR. I cannot setup Continuous and Motion Detection Recording simultaneously. Is it a deliberate feature, or well hidden in the Vigi Security Manager app?

Why it cannot flag the detected basic or smart events on the continuous timeline?

I'm asking for your advice.

Options
3 Reply
Re: Continuous and Motion Detection Recording simultaneously, without an NVR, on an SD card
2023-02-16 08:50:21

Dear @Lanti ,

Lanti wrote

I installed this product with an SD card. Single C340 2.8mm IP camera, without NVR. I cannot setup Continuous and Motion Detection Recording simultaneously. Is it a deliberate feature, or well hidden in the Vigi Security Manager app?

Why it cannot flag the detected basic or smart events on the continuous timeline?

Thanks for your feedback to TP-Link community!

Actually, Continuous recording will include Motion Detection recording, as the time period of the motion is also part of it.

And about this issue "Why it cannot flag the detected basic or smart events on the continuous timeline?", this has been already submitted as a feature request to the TP-Link team.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re: Continuous and Motion Detection Recording simultaneously, without an NVR, on an SD card
2023-02-16 09:59:41 - last edited 2023-02-16 10:04:56

@Hank21 Thank You for your answer!

Can you help to set up the camera to see the motion detected events on the timeline, when the camera is recording continuously to the SD card?

If this feature is not implemented yet, can you give me a timeline when it will be implemented? Because I already bought this camera to my client, I have a liability issue to wait for a feature, which will be implemented in the sooner or the far future. If cannot offer such feature at all, without an NVR, than I will return this camera while I can.

Here are the pictures from my current settings:
https://imgur.com/a/TwupVzE

Options
2023-02-17 05:21:44

Dear @Lanti

Sorry for any trouble caused!

I haven't been informed of the exact date for this feature implemented yet, will try to push the R&D team to optimize it shortly.

If you need any further assistance with the TP-Link products, please feel free to start a thread on the community or submit a ticket email to our technical support team from here.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 641

Replies: 3

Related Articles