Mass Export of Continuous recording - Slow under 5mb

2024-07-23 06:12:39 - last edited 2024-07-24 07:04:36
Model: VIGI NVR1008H-8P  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hey Guys, 

Police have come around an need all the footage from a camera back 3 months - I have started the process of 200 clips per batch but its so slow, its no more than 5MB down.

What can i do to drastically improve this? the network is simple and 1Gb connections and our internet is the same. 

I am downloading the footage to a SSD HD connected to my PC

Thanks,

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Mass Export of Continuous recording - Slow under 5mb-Solution
2024-07-24 07:04:25 - last edited 2024-07-24 07:04:36

Hi @Bellis4127 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Bellis4127 wrote

@Clive_A 

Hey,

I am using the VIGI Security Manager to save to an internal SSD. I don't have a screen, keyboard etc to access the NVR interface. 

Thanks

Confirmed with the test team that the export speed at 5MB/s is normal as of now.

We have considered further optimization for this. Currently, it is limited by the encryption/decryption.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Mass Export of Continuous recording - Slow under 5mb
2024-07-24 03:09:33

Hi @Bellis4127 

Do you export them from the VIGI Security Manager? Or do you export it from the USB port on the NVR and you export it from the web GUI of the NVR to the USB drive? 

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Re:Mass Export of Continuous recording - Slow under 5mb
2024-07-24 04:05:57

@Clive_A 

Hey,

I am using the VIGI Security Manager to save to an internal SSD. I don't have a screen, keyboard etc to access the NVR interface. 

Thanks

Options
Re:Mass Export of Continuous recording - Slow under 5mb-Solution
2024-07-24 07:04:25 - last edited 2024-07-24 07:04:36

Hi @Bellis4127 

Bellis4127 wrote

@Clive_A 

Hey,

Thanks

Confirmed with the test team that the export speed at 5MB/s is normal as of now.

We have considered further optimization for this. Currently, it is limited by the encryption/decryption.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 164

Replies: 3

Related Articles