Votes

Disable NAT on the routers (i.e. TL-ER605 and TP-Link TL-ER7206)

Votes

Disable NAT on the routers (i.e. TL-ER605 and TP-Link TL-ER7206)

63 Reply
Re:Disable NAT on the routers (i.e. TL-ER605 and TP-Link TL-ER7206)
2024-08-02 01:30:19

Hi @W38122077 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

W38122077 wrote

@Clive_A 

I see the 8411 with beta firmware, but i don't see a reference to this function on the release notes.  Is it there or is this beta addressing other things and the 8411 still have to wait for 5.15 and the appropriate firmware?

This has been scheduled for V5.15 and adapted firmware.

Some models have beta firmware but if your model is not listed, please wait for the V5.15. If you need the beta, you should contact the technical support for the file.

Every line I wrote to answer the public is seriously considered. Please try to understand the literal meaning of it. The forum does not provide that customized firmware as the literal meaning of what I wrote earlier and I have clearly instructed that you are supposed to contact the technical support to check and for the file if there is any.

Here is something you need to understand. There are two kinds of beta as I discussed on the forum. All the forum-provided firmware, a public thread, is the beta or the pre-release (release candidate)They are authorized by the dev and team for a public test. It is unlike a customized beta like the mentioned one. (Like what I did in iOS beta in the past.)

If you would take a second to carefully review the threads on the forum. I rarely provide the customized beta to a group of people unless it is considered as serious and urgent to be addressed. Well, this is not. This is a generic request for features. (Vendors are doing this as well.)

Any feature requests should be scheduled for a release. It is not always working like that if you happen to have a feature-added-customized firmware.

Repeatedly asking this does not push the progress at all. The dev does not look into a planned task/request because it has been planned and scheduled for the next release as there is no need to. Some customized firmware is not simply made for you but a fruit of the partner who requests a feature to temporarily address an issue and you are lucky to share it as this model happens to have it. That's what I wrote not all models have this added prior to an official beta test.

I am not aware of what customized beta there is because it is not part of my job to provide a customized beta to each one who asks.

I don't want to post you a template as in my ethics it is an easy way out to disregard your actual feelings and comments and be a bot. Of course, the work guideline requires a reply like that formally and gives me the authority to not reply to some people on my judgment. I can do both but I prefer not to disregard people's feelings and explain things. And basically, in every reply, I would hope to explain things to help people understand how things.

I hope you can understand what's been explained and my position. Appreciate it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-08-05 19:59:47

@Clive_A 

I appreciate the response.  I also appreciate the updated solutions as it was not clear (at least to me) whether the beta firmware in the router beta firmware list was all that was needed or if it required both firmware and controller updates.  Now I understand it will require both 5.15 on the controller and adapted firmware.  Maybe I misunderstood, but I legitimately thought if the router was listed with beta firmware on that list then it was available.  

Options
a week ago

@Clive_A  Checking in to see if there have been any further updates on disabling NAT.  Hearining anything on v5.15 being released?

Options

Voters 36

+ 32 Voters