non POE device is not working via POE port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-27 15:45:40
Model: TL-SG1016PE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

Hi,

What could be the reason for data transfer not working via POE port for the non- POE devices. same devices would work on the non-poe ports of the switch? POE devices work on the POE ports just fine. But if any of the non-POE devices connected via POE port - they are not visible on the LAN. data led on the switch shows that the link is on, no separate VLANs or special settings.

thanks

Serg

Options
3 Reply
Re:non POE device is not working via POE port
2023-03-28 09:08:18

@SergK 

SergK wrote

Hi,

What could be the reason for data transfer not working via POE port for the non- POE devices. same devices would work on the non-poe ports of the switch?

It's so weird, if you connect the non- POE devices to the POE port, how about the status of link light on the ports?

Did you test the cable?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-03-28 09:14:32

@Virgo indeed. I have used the same cables, same devices. It's just I plug the cable in non poe port - works, poe port - doesn't work. Status link lights in both cases are green. Which is even weirder.

Options
2023-03-29 03:27:16

@SergK 

Actually, what is exactly the non-POE device? A PC? An AP? Or anything else?

Use the same non-POE device to connect to all POE ports one by one, no ports can work?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 521

Replies: 3

Related Articles