EAP245 and omada controller v5.9.31

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-07 10:25:08
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.1

Hello,

i recently upgraded my wifi setup. 

Now i have two EAP245 running with a omada running on a pc.

The problem that i have is that when i shut down the controller on the pc, the EAP's goes offline.

I understood that the EAP's could run without the controller, but they goes offline.

Is there a way a can check that the config is on the EAP? I have the feeling that the config is only in the controller.

Thanks for the help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP245 and omada controller v5.9.31
2023-04-07 14:36:10

@Stevo_M 

The controller really should be online all the time if honest, it is required to handle roaming, AI and Load Balancing.   Running this on a PC that is going to go up and down isnt the best option if honest.

In theory, the AP should remain broadcasting its SSID after the controller goes offline, it will hold its basic settings and any authenticated clients.. but you will lose a LOT of the features.

Remember that Managed EAPs are almost dumb devices, they require the controller to be online to do the heavy lifting.  If you are going to keep shutting down the controller it would be best to either invest in an OC200 hardware controller  OR switch the APs to standalone, however standalone will remove some features.

Options