EAP225 using user/password without controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-25 19:22:13
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 5.1.0

Hello guys,

Please, a need a help.

I have a EAP225 and I would like to use it not as a single password, but using user/password ways. 

Can I use this type of authentication without Omada Controller, only in standalone mode?

Another desirable way would be to configure the EAP225 first using a controller and send the configuration to the EAP225. Here the idea is to use the controller only to make settings for the EAP.

I've tried some settings, but to no avail.

Please a gratefull for any help about this two possibilty to configure my EAP225.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards. 

Regivaldo Costa

--

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP225 using user/password without controller
2023-04-25 21:09:41

@Regivaldo 

Hey

What you are trying to accomplish is called  WPA2 Enterprise, this will allow you to enter a username / password to get onto the WiFi.   However this is a lot more complicated to setup

You wont require a controller, it can be configured on the AP..  however you would need a server on your network to handle the user accounts and passwords, this is usually referred to as a RADIUS server.   In short the AP will contact the RADIUS server to check if the user account and password are valid, it then says YES or NO.

Honestly, if you have just one AP and no controller, then setting up a RADIUS server to run Enterprise WiFi is likely not something you should be undertaking. 

Options
Re:EAP225 using user/password without controller
2023-04-26 02:11:15

@Philbert 

Hello dear Philberto,

Thanks for your reply.

So, what I really wouldn't like is to have a second element in the network, but just let the EAP do it in autonomous mode.

But from what I understand based in your reply, then this will not be possible.

One option is to use Omada Cloud which I am testing for a free 30 day period. After that I will have to pay, which is not good at all. Also because I currently only have one EAP.

Many thanks.

Best regards,

Regivaldo Costa

--

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 463

Replies: 2

Related Articles