EAP670 only connects as Mesh (uplink) not wired

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-20 09:45:25 - last edited 2023-05-20 10:21:31
Model: EAP670  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V1.06

I've taken a brandnew EAP670 out of the box and plugged it in using a known good connection that was previously used for an EAP620HD.

The device successfully powers up using PoE but never requests and address over this connection. It eventually connects to the network as a mesh device and awaits adoption. I've reset it numerous times to factory default, I've tried different cables and ports. 

The EAP670 is connected to a Mikrotik Switch (1Gb Full Duplex) providing POE...AP is powering up using this POE and this is the same port that was powering the previous AP. Mikrotik has been rebooted and has free addresses in the DHCP scope to allocate. (It is successfully allocating addresses over the mesh also) 

If I disable the mesh capabilty under site-settings and factory default the AP it never appears the be adopted. 

F

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP670 only connects as Mesh (uplink) not wired
2023-05-22 20:56:28

@farsonic 

Can you see the AP pull an address via LAN, if so have you tried connecting directly to it?  

I would try and get logged into it localy first, do a firmware update then retry via the LAN adoption.     Also try a manual IP on the device to rule that out.

Options
Re:EAP670 only connects as Mesh (uplink) not wired
2023-06-06 11:40:18

@farsonic 

I apologize for the inconvenience with your EAP670. Here are some quick troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Update firmware on both the EAP670 and the Mikrotik Switch.
  2. Confirm PoE compatibility and Free power requirements.
  3. Test with a different port or cable.
  4. Contact the manufacturer's support for further assistance.

These steps should help you resolve the issue with the EAP670 connecting as a wired device.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 567

Replies: 2

Related Articles