TL-SG2210P + Omada not reporting PoE port status, cannot do PoE Recovery

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-11 03:20:58 - last edited 2023-07-25 06:04:47
Model: SG2210P  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.20.9

I have a TL-SG2210P v3.20 Firmware Version: 3.20.9 Build 20230602 Rel.73473.

In Omada (4.4.8), it is not reporting which ports are PoE powered.

Here is a screenshot of the switch ports: - ports 5 and 6 are running PoE cameras, but are not showing the 'lightning bolt' icon:

The switch also does not show the PoE Recovery button to cycle power to the port, which is what I need to do.

For comparison, here is the same screenshot for a "T1500G-10PS 2.0 (TL-SG2210P V3.0)" running 2.0.6 Build 20200805 Rel.57865:

Note the PoE icons for ports 4 and 5 (which are indeed PoE devices) and the PoE recovery button.

Can anyone else with a TL-SG2210P and PoE devices confirm what they see?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-SG2210P + Omada not reporting PoE port status, cannot do PoE Recovery-Solution
2023-07-12 01:44:29 - last edited 2023-07-18 12:33:52

Hi @BenL 

I cannot rule out the possibility that this is a problem with the GUI of your controller.

Please try the steps below:

1. Clear the browser cache and log in and check again. Or you can use a different browser or computer.

2. Seeing your switch firmware is the latest one. Yet your Omada is on V4.4.8?

If so, is it possible for you to update the controller? As I am reading the release note of your 3.20.9 which indicates it is fully adapted to controller V5.9.

I hope you can try the things above. Let me know your results. wink

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-SG2210P + Omada not reporting PoE port status, cannot do PoE Recovery-Solution
2023-07-12 01:44:29 - last edited 2023-07-18 12:33:52

Hi @BenL 

I cannot rule out the possibility that this is a problem with the GUI of your controller.

Please try the steps below:

1. Clear the browser cache and log in and check again. Or you can use a different browser or computer.

2. Seeing your switch firmware is the latest one. Yet your Omada is on V4.4.8?

If so, is it possible for you to update the controller? As I am reading the release note of your 3.20.9 which indicates it is fully adapted to controller V5.9.

I hope you can try the things above. Let me know your results. wink

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TL-SG2210P + Omada not reporting PoE port status, cannot do PoE Recovery
2023-07-18 12:33:37

@Clive_A - you were correct; this was fixed by updating my Omada installation to 5.9.

I can confirm that under Omada 5.9.31, the TL-SG2210P is displaying the expected PoE 'lightning bolt' icons and the PoE Recovery button to cycle power to the port, and that works.

Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 501

Replies: 2

Related Articles